Mrs. Yochum, Middle School Math Teacher, will be hosting two math camps this summer. These camps are a great way for your student to build their confidence while having fun learning. The deadline has been extended to July 1st.
See below for more information -
Goodness Gracious Geometry Camp
Do you want to be more involved with your student's school? Have you ever wondered how you could help the school? Well here is the answer you have been looking for! Elder Grove is looking for a parent to serve as a Playground Aide 5 days a week. The duties would include supervision of students during their lunch recess and would pay $10/hr. If this sounds like a good fit for you please contact the school at 406-656-2893x200.
The 6th-8th grade students would like to thank the Society of Petroleum Engineers for their generous grant that allowed for the purchase of microscopes, balances, Science Fair awards, and fetal pigs. So far all three grades have utilized the microscopes and balances.
6th Grade -
- Learned how to mass and applied their skills by massing powders for their Ooblek, Glurch, and Glorax lab
- Utilized the balances to mass out powders for their Mystery Powders lab
7th Grade -
- Reviewed how to mass and applied their skills to mass their Osmosis Gummy Bears
- They had to mass their bears three times: before soaking in water, after soaking in water, and finally after soaking in a super saturated salt solution
8th Grade -
- Utilized balances to help find the density of an ice cube and water to help grasp the concept of glaciers
FUTURE LABS to include, but are not limited to, dissections, rock/mineral testing, forces testing, friction labs, and more.
Therefore, we give a great big Thank You to the Society of Petroleum Engineers for all they have done to enhance our science labs.
Here is the Boys Basketball Bracket